We will work collaboratively with the Design Team to move the creative vision to a detailed, operationally sound plan, which will become the future foodservice operation.
Typical services include the following elements and are adapted to specific project needs:
Concept / Schematic Design
- Work collaboratively with the Project Team Members to fully understand the project’s objectives, goals and budget.
- Provide recommendations and options in order to arrive at an agreed-upon concept and project strategy with a clear and executable program.
- Develop corresponding layouts focusing on menu and optimized flow.
- Develop preliminary equipment specifications, utility estimates and budget.
- Create detailed, numbered and scheduled equipment plans, adding equipment cut sheets, auxiliary equipment and engineering drawings.
- Prepare an itemized budget and provide guidance and solutions to maintain budgetary goals.
- Prepare detailed utility and special conditions drawings for coordination with the Architectural and Engineering Team.
- Prepare additional foodservice equipment documentation and complete detailing of plans required for Construction, Bid and Permit.
- Make plan corrections as needed to assure final permitting.
Bid and Permit
- Prepare Bidding Documents and issue foodservice package to qualified Kitchen Equipment Contractors (KEC’s) for competitive bidding - in collaboration with Owner / General Contractor.
- Review and evaluate KEC bids, interview finalists as needed and assist in negotiations to optimize quality and value.
- Monitor and oversee Kitchen Equipment Contractor work and kitchen construction aspects in general.
- Review submittals and provide regularly scheduled site inspections to assure design conformance.
- Follow through to successful completion of project.
Ongoing Follow-Up and Client Support
- Perform regularly scheduled site visits to assure ongoing satisfaction and assist with any follow-up.
NGA can also provide ongoing operational support and auditing, equipment asset management assistance and other services when applicable.